Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Program Manager - Information Security
San Diego, CA
SIE seeks a highly qualified candidate for the position of Program Manager. This role will be responsible for driving projects from inception through deployment over a worldwide scale. The candidate must be comfortable working in a dynamic, flexible environment and is expected to partner with the worldwide Sony Security and Product organization to lead, manage, and drive forward security engineering projects. The responsibilities listed are not all inclusive and additional duties may be assigned.
- Provides program management expertise for large to enterprise scale programs with moderate to high complexity.
- Collaborating with staff and management of multiple worldwide business units and outside 3rd parties to clearly identify, explain, and communicate their program involvement, program goals, expectations, tasks, and timelines.
- Owning the program portfolio by integrating various project schedules, task assignments, and managing schedule progress - from large phases through to detailed tasks, including understanding and managing dependencies.
- Contribute to establishing methods and metrics for tracking performance and making decisions within the extended Program Management group.
- Drives key initiatives in the Program Management Office to strengthen and improve efficiencies across projects.
- Identifies areas for process improvement and forms working groups to carry out those improvements.
- Portfolio management experience at the program level.
- Determine program tools.
- Update executive audiences on program plans and issues.
- Exhibits leadership skills by advocating best practices, anticipating future problems and issues, and seeks to improve processes and tools for the program.
- Plans medium scale (100+ people) events.
- Mentors others for career and program directions.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 1 year of experience; or equivalent experience as a Program/Project Manager with 3+ years of experience in the streaming, gaming, music, digital media, network service industry.
- Previous experience utilizing Agile methodologies and principles.
- Solid understanding of programming languages, software development, systems engineering, and release processes.
- Proficiency with tools in agile development (Rally, Jira, Confluence, Trello, etc.).
- Motivated, organized self-starter with the ability to solve routine or complicated problems effectively.
- Exhibit meticulous attention to detail, and have the ability to make good, timely decisions.
- Excellent communication skills across all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excel in conflict resolution, negotiation, and people management. (Preferably global experience with diverse cultures).
- SAFE knowledge (www.scaledagileframework.com).
- Scrum Master or Product Owner certified.
- Experience working with Security programs
- Familiarity with digital media software and networking technologies, especially those related to Sony’s products, services, and devices.
- Japanese language skills helpful.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Project Manager (w/m)
Cloudreach, Seattle, Reston, Dallas, Atlanta, Remote US, Chicago, New York City
Senior Software Engineer - Playback and Edge Access Services
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Software Engineer - Android (Messaging Team)
Yelp, Hamburg, Germany
Software Engineer, New Grad
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Software Development Engineer in Test (Chicago)
Trunk Club, Chicago, IL