Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility leadership position with Sony Network Entertainment platform engineering organization helping to establish a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed services platform. This next generation services platform will support the global, fast growing Sony Network Entertainment customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now and PlayStation Vue. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network services platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, ecommerce platform domain expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Candidate is expected to work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers. Must be results oriented individual with a passion to deliver quality next generation global media and collection of entertainment services to our growing customer base.
- Performs a key leadership role in the evolution of the architectural roadmap and supporting of the existing services on the network platform
- Plays a senior role in end-to-end delivery, working closely with engineering, quality engineering, product management and operations.
- Works with the product owners and other team members across the enterprise to drive new technology initiatives.
- Participates in product roadmap discussions and identifies key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
- BS degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years experience in software development, expert level of programming, design, and analysis.
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, linearly scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST).
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies.
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with asynchronous messaging technologies.
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML.
- Knowledge of JSON schema and/or XML schema.
- Experience with networking, firewalls, and architecture a plus.
- Experience with AWS and cloud computing a plus.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Why PlayStation Network
PlayStation Network is growing by leaps and bounds and we need talented developers to help us keep up with our passionate global customer base. This is an opportunity to work with a fun team of people on interesting projects where you have an opportunity to influence the development direction.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company match; education assistance, generous paid leave, and more
- On site gym and cafe
- Release celebrations & happy hours
- Break rooms with networked PS4s; Monthly voucher for game/video/music usage
- Inter-office hackathon competitions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer University Grad - 2018
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY
Software Engineer - Product
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Distributed Systems Engineer
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Backend Core
Checkr, San Francisco
Senior Front End Developer - Merchant Reporting