At PlayStation, we strive to invite, inspire and challenge our gaming community, as well as our employees, to achieve their greatness. The Senior Brand Manager - VR, Media and Innovation will lead Brand Marketing communication for the PlayStation VR business and projects, especially Media and Innovation initiatives for the PS VR platform. In this role, you'll work closely with top tier creative agencies and multiple internal stakeholders. This role will play a direct role in the future of PlayStation VR and Brand around the world.
The PlayStation brand is a cultural force, a symbol of a great narrative, incredible entertainment, and the best games to play. With a huge brand that touches all areas of culture, the fastest selling console in history, and a gaming fan base that is growing exponentially, now is the best time to consider a career at PlayStation, where Greatness Awaits!
This position oversees all aspects of brand marketing across multiple angles, including:
- Strategic and tactical planning for PS VR brand campaigns.
- Planning and execution on key PS VR 3rd party partnership title launch campaigns
- Marketing communication and the go-to-market plan for PlayStation VR
- Manage product positioning and marketing communications across PS VR Platform product(s) through their entire life cycle from product development through post-launch
- Lead development of go-to-market strategy, execute integrated marketing plans, and define budgetary parameters for PS VR
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns for VR including broadcast, digital, social, CRM, search, promotions, retail/channels that drive commercial results and drive consumer conversation
- Leverage research to formulate powerful insights that will inform and assist with VR product positioning and marketing campaigns
- Work closely with product directors, marketing comms teams, PR, sales, account management on VR go-to-market development and campaign launch
- Manage internal and external creative, media and digital teams/agencies. Have ability to evaluate creative work against the brand strategy to ensure creative achieves its objectives.
- Report on campaign performance and make timely recommendations for optimization
- Devise new marketing and promotional programs aligned with the PlayStation VR brand that aggressively drive consumer engagement and maximize lifetime value
- Interface with members of product development, legal, finance, sales and marketing departments to successfully develop innovative VR marketing programs.
- Lead PlayStation VR Marketing in driving execution of 3P partnership title launches, towards achieving platform adoption goals.
- Lead all PlayStation VR marketing communication efforts and go-to-market plan
- Assess potential strategic alliances to expand brand value, products sales and lifecycle
- 7+ years in a brand marketing role with major consumer brands, both agency and in house
- B.S./B.A. degree, Master's/MBA preferred
- Experience in entertainment (gaming, films, TV, music) or consumer technology industries
- Able to read and interpret market data
- Ability to lead teams to achieve brand goals and objectives.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information
- Work well with others in a fast paced environment.
- Strong Presentation, oral and written communication skills required.
- High familiarity of cultural marketing trends in creative, media, digital and social.
- Lead marketing for a large consumer facing brand with a significant marketing budget (>$20M/yr.)
- Experience working with and directing creative and media agencies.
- Must love working in a collaborative and innovative environment and must love a challenge
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Andela, Kampala, Uganda
Head of Marketing
Oh My Green, San Mateo, CA
Head of Growth & Performance Marketing
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Marketing Manager - Singapore
Senior Video Strategist
Fullscreen, Atlanta, GA
Associate, Marketing Experimentation & Analysis
Netflix, Los Gatos, California