Senior Security Analyst, Security Governance, Risk & Compliance
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
A gaming brand
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Reporting to the Manager of Security Risk and Compliance, the Senior Security Analyst is a member of the team that oversees the SIE Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance program for San Francisco operations in alignment with established Security policies, standards, methodologies, and processes. The Senior Security Analyst will be responsible for executing assessments to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements, identifying risks, and communicating the posture to the SIE leadership team. The Senior Security Analyst also acts as the subject matter expert for Security Governance, Risk, and Compliance for the San Francisco operations.
- Support the Security Risk Assessment methodology, policy, strategy and process
- Perform hands-on gap and risk assessments to identify, document, and track significant information security risks associated with:
- Information systems
- Data centers
- Cloud and physical IT infrastructure
- Vendors and other third parties
- Monitor and review IT Security controls to identify operational effectiveness
- Map controls to policies, standards, procedures, and process to ensure compliance
- Manage remediation efforts and track completion status of deficiencies
- Work with GRC and other Security tools to collect and maintain security and risk information
- Provide security consulting services to business owners and stakeholders
- Maintain broad knowledge of best practices and trends in the field of Information Security and other technologies relevant to systems operated by the Operations teams
- Interface with technical teams, stakeholders and leadership teams to translate security risk mitigation plans into actionable items to mitigate risk
- The ideal candidate will have at least 8 years experience working within the technical arena with 4 plus years of information security work experience
- Strong technical background in IT systems and networking in Cloud environments
- Requires knowledge and experience pertaining to :
- AWS (or similar) cloud security and infrastructure
- Web infrastructure security
- Network security tools (IDS/IPS, firewalls, etc.)
- Encryption technology and implementation
- Database security
- Disaster recovery concepts
- Operating system security and hardening
- Must have experience implementing or assessing security in a cloud-hosted environment
- Experience using vulnerability assessment tools and writing risk mitigation plans according to the assessment
- Excellent analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Extensive knowledge of security technologies and risk assessment methodologies, policies and processes
- Must have demonstrated ability to collaborate with technical and non-technical teams to further the goals and mission of the Security Risk and Compliance team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as interpersonal skills including the ability to articulate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with PCI and SOX compliance programs as well as their technical and security requirements
- Experience in security standards such as ISO 27001, 27002, 27005; NIST, COBIT, ITIL
- Technical certifications within the area Security are a strong plus (CISSP, CRISC, CCSK, CCSP or equivalent)
- Must have the ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- A bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Information Security, Computer Science or equivalent.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Temporary R&D Coordinator
Indigo, Boston, MA
Senior Data Scientist / Product Analyst
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA (Remote considered for US & Canada)
Machine Learning Engineer, Infrastructure - San Francisco
TrueAccord, San Francisco, CA
Data Scientist - India
Kogentix, Hyderabad, India
Data Science Technical Lead, Experimentation and Data Platform
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Senior QA Engineer
Postmates, San Francisco