Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Why work when you can play?
PlayStation Network is a one-stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, and Apps. With significant video engagement on the platform, PlayStation Video has become integral to driving non-game activity on PlayStation Network.
As a Integration Engineer, your main objective is to develop & maintain a portfolio of business applications and tools to support Sony’s PlayStation Video business. You will be responsible for the development and management of tools to improve and automate existing processes and support content operations. You are a natural operator in a global environment and have a seamless ability to communicate with multi-disciplined and multi-cultural colleagues. You have a bias toward action and thrive on transforming complex problems into insightful recommendations.
How you will spend your time
- Support the execution of opportunities to streamline, optimize and automate existing internal processes to support the growth of video services
- Partner with cross-functional teams to gather requirements to improve existing processes, automate manual processes to improve data accuracy and process efficiency
- Design and prototype new automated tools and applications to support business processes and develop databases & tools to support data ingestion, reporting and publishing of products etc.
- Develop reporting dashboards, tools, etc. to support content and business operations
- Collaborate with the operations teams to support ongoing product improvements
- Communicate to technical teams and leadership in a consistent manner making complex technical issues and solutions clear, simple and understandable
- Document relevant process information, requirements, use cases, test plans etc., for all optimization & automation projects, to serve as a reference for future projects.
- Assist in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration, and testing tools
- Improve upon and maintain existing automation scripts that are used across the teams
- Keep up to date with industry practices with development tools and programming languages
- Undergraduate degree from a top-tier university in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field
- 2+ year of relevant experience at a high-growth technology firm or in a technology implementation role
- 2+ years of experience working on optimization and automation of business processes, preferably in the digital distribution industry
- Experience in data collection techniques and processing raw data including writing scripts and web scraping
- Experience with Web Services/ Rest APIs/ Selenium
- Experience with SQL and Relational Databases & Data Warehouses
- Experience in IT systems development and supporting tasks such as database administration and optimization
- Experience developing dashboards and tools to support business operations and reporting, using SQL, MicroStrategy, Tableau, etc.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and Microsoft Visio
- Excellent (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills. Well-developed interpersonal skills. Ability to share and defend ideas in front of engineers, business leaders, and external partners.
- Experience working cross-functionally with business and technology teams, based in multiple locations
- Keen ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion.
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network and services offered.
- Understanding of digital content supply chain in transactional/OTT video space and experience with content management systems
- Knowledge of and passion for media, entertainment, and technology industries
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Growth Analyst
Invoice2go, Redwood City
99, São Paulo
Medical Director, Hematology
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Growth Data & Analytics Lead
Greatist, Greatist HQ (NYC)
Senior Data Scientist
Change.org, San Francisco
Site Reliability Operations Analyst
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY