Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA
Business Intelligence Services (BIS) is responsible for providing global business intelligence solutions to Sony Interactive Entertainment.
We are seeking a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to join BIS to ensure the successful delivery of business intelligence solutions for a growing worldwide customer base.
The successful candidate will be passionate about data and using analytics to improve the business, and understand how this can be achieved in a cloud-based model. The candidate possesses exceptional attention to detail and is able to drive execution against challenging goals to deliver high quality solutions. The role will report to a BIS engineering manager.
The Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for building and maintaining the business intelligence and analytics platform in the cloud. This will require configuration and setup of virtual private clouds, compute and storage services to host various applications, and support of this platform to ensure it supports the requirements of the business both now and into the future. In order to achieve this, some out of hours support will be required, on a rota system. This platform will need to be scalable, performant, robust and secure. It will also need to meet the needs of hundreds of globally located users.
The focus will be on automating build and setup of the platform, and thereby minimizing the support overhead; creating and maintaining documentation that describes how it works; and working closely both within the engineering team and more widely to share knowledge and collaborate.
Ideally the candidate will have knowledge of running business intelligence and analytics applications within the cloud, as well as experience in transitioning from an on-premise architecture to one that is entirely cloud-based. They will be comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment, and able to communicate both on a technical level, and also to non-technical stakeholders.
- Familiar with automation technologies to build and deploy both infrastructure and applications (i.e. Terraform, Ansible)
- Troubleshooting across storage and compute areas to determine optimal performance
- Set up and configuration of VPCs to ensure the platform is secure and efficient, and can be accessed by end users using a variety of tools. This includes access control, perimeter defences and intrusion detection.
- Particularly skilled and have a significant amount of experience in networking and sysadmin (linux) fundamentals, including private space IP address management, VPN and Direct Connect services.
- Knowledgeable on costing aspects including monitoring of cost, as well as strategies for minimizing cost (i.e. spot instances, etc.)
- Hybrid cloud architectures
- Adept at using and configuring monitoring tools (i.e. Nagios, VictorOps, CloudWatch).
- Familiar with distributed source code repositories, such as git
- Deep knowledge of high volume data processing techniques (i.e. Spark)
- Very familiar with data storage techniques, particularly S3.
- 2+ years working on AWS-related projects
- Previous experience transitioning applications from on premises infrastructure to cloud-based
- Experience building and using architectures that enable Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment
- Working with streaming data applications
- Knowledge of containers
- Lambda and AWS serverless services
- Familiar with working with databases (i.e. RedShift, Greenplum, Teradata)
- Understanding of Data Science workloads
- Previous experience working with Agile software development methodologies
- Technical accreditation is preferred (i.e. AWS certification)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
DevOps Engineer, Developer Tools
Palantir Technologies, New York, NY
Part Time Front End Web Development Instructor
General Assembly, Austin
Director of Engineering, Data Platform
Box, Redwood City, CA
iOS - Senior and Principal Level Engineers
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Software Engineer (Full Stack)
Blue Star Sports, Frisco, TX - Main Street
Senior Backend Engineer - Platform Team
Codecademy, New York