Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Manager, HR Compliance
San Mateo, CA
Manage HR Compliance team and programs, including Leave of Absence, Workers Comp, ADA, Compliance Training protocol calendar, required HR Compliance postings and Ergonomics. Further accomplishes HR team objectives by leading projects for the greater HR Operations team, which would include planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing all incoming projects; planning, leading and reviewing actions; enforcing policies and procedures. Works with HRIS Analysts to identify HR system needs in relation to Operational HR processes. Participates as necessary on HR-wide projects that may affect HR Operations & Compliance solutions. Accomplishes project objectives by planning and evaluating project activities.
- Management of HR Compliance team deliverables, programs and vendors.
- Manage relationships with key stakeholders in Legal, Finance, IT, Security and Facilities.
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different project requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Projects would also include analysis to identify HR system needs in relation to HR Operations.
- Responsible for reviewing and maintaining training and process documentation. Conducts and/or coordinates appropriate training for Human Resources staff when new programs have been developed or enhancements made to existing programs.
- Utilizes technical expertise to provide information for various projects and/or requests initiated by HR or by senior management. Determines data needs and how to capture data. Identifies trends and interprets and analyzes data.
Skills and Qualifications:
Human Resources Team Management experience, Developing Project Plans, Coaching Stakeholders, Supervision and Management of Projects, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Timelines, Self-Development, Planning, Performance Management, Inventory Control, Vendor Management, Presentation Delivery, Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills and Proficiency in project management software and methodology.
- Experience with HR Compliance programs.
- Experience must include knowledge of applicable reporting tools and record layout/structure to analyze and determine the best method of data retrieval, to prioritize HRMS reporting needs and to work closely with HRIS.
- Functional and systems knowledge to effectively test applied fixes and changes, provide effective error resolution, and develop applicable and accurate reports and to serve as liaison to HRIS for interpretation of HR functional needs.
- Math aptitude to develop and analyze reports.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required, including pivot tables, vlookup, data conversion and charting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills in order to work effectively with employees of all levels and external vendors.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 8+ years related HR experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Mentorship Program Manager ($25-$30/hr)
CollegeVine, Anywhere (Telecommute)
Recruiter, Partnerships (Contract)
General Assembly, Sydney
Learning and Development Lead (L&D)
Technical Recruiting Coordinator
Yelp, San Francisco, CA
ThoughtWorks, New York