PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), Contract
Waterloo, ON (Canada)
Do you have a passion for test-driven development and automation? Are you the sort of person that is comfortable analyzing a network protocol in Wireshark one moment, debugging a React or Ember application the next? Do you want to work at a company where customers have real excitement for the products you help create? At PlayStation, we are looking for engineers to join a global initiative in robust test automation and Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment systems.
- Set up test frameworks and help teams set up automation infrastructure for the PlayStation console platform
- Working with web developers to define and implement test automation system architecture
- Work with QA teams to create, maintain, and improve automation suites
- Work with the infrastructure team to create and maintain common services such as CI pipelines
- Collaborate with distributed teams for cross functional automation design and development
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge
- At least four years or equivalent experience in UI automation for web applications
- Experience with version control solutions (both centralized and distributed)
- Experience writing command-line scripts using Python or similar
- Experience developing or testing on devices
- Significant experience with Python and its automation frameworks
- Experience with Selenium or Appium
- Experience creating testing frameworks
- Familiar with the Page Object Pattern
- Experience with configuring CI pipelines such as Jenkins
- Strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can do attitude; yet challenges status quo
- Works independently under minimal direction with strong work ethic
- Able to work quickly and productively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for robust code
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, iOS
Snap Inc., Shenzhen, China
Application Developer (Full-Stack)
IT Systems Engineer- Cloud
Wish, San Francisco, California
Senior Sales Engineer
Twilio, Bogota, Colombia
NGINX, Moscow, Russia
Systems & Data Architect (Enterprise Architect)
Elementum, Elementum HQ