Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Network Engineer - F5
San Diego, CA
The Network Engineer – F5 (Contractor) has responsibility for the maintenance, administration and advanced troubleshooting of all in-house environments that support and drive the various business web applications, with particular emphasis on f5 Load Balancers. The Network Engineer – F5 is expected to build-out these environments end-to-end from the application support perspective, working closely with developers to ensure the required infrastructure is in place for proper deployment and configuration. General responsibilities include any requirements regarding the routing of application-driven environments, from day to day administration to planning and management, as well as other duties as assigned.
- Plan, design, and build robust load balancing/application routing implementations to support the evolution of the code-base from development, through QA and performance testing, and eventually into production.
- Ensure reliable and solid configuration of both internal and externally facing environments.
- Analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing processes.
- Confer with personnel of business units to analyze and document current operational procedures, identify problems, and learn specific application requirements.
- Write detailed descriptions of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify application installations and configurations.
- Provide timelines for specific tasks assigned.
- Study existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness, and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Prepare workflow and application flow diagrams that specify the operations performed by the applications running on specified systems.
- Conduct studies pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs
- Keep track of software patches and upgrades and schedule necessary maintenance to resolve any vulnerability found within the application core
- Update application and system configuration documentation as necessary relative to the Application Engineer’s responsibilities.
- Assist developers in resolving work problems related to project specifications and/or application deployment/configuration.
- Prepare time and cost estimates for completing projects.
- Coordinate work of others to develop, test, install, and modify applications.
- Provide end-user support as required.
- Participation in a 24x7 rotational on-call coverage as part of the proactive, production support role
- An advanced level understanding of Load Balancing using F5 appliances and technology is required
- Minimum of 5 years supporting medium to large scale production web environments
- Mid-senior level experience F5 LTM/GTM/AFM and VIPRION is required
- Experience supporting highly available web applications is required
- At least 5 years hands-on Red Hat Linux experience is required
- Exceptional scripting skills (shell, iRule/TCL, LUA, python) is required
- Experience working with version control systems such as Git is highly preferred
- Experience writing iRules and LUA scripts is highly preferred
- Experience with Tomcat 6.x or 7.x is preferred
- Experience with AppViewX ADC+ is preferred
- Experience tuning systems for optimal performance is a plus
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Able to perform multiple tasks at a high level
- Able to meet timelines and work under pressure
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Exceptional team work as well as being able to work under own initiative
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Distributed Systems Architect
ThoughtWorks, New York
Internal Integration Manager
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Index Exchange, Toronto (Midtown)
Luxury Retreats - Développeur de logiciel/Software Developer
Airbnb, Montreal, Canada
Senior Software Engineer, Python - Platform
drive.ai, Mountain View
Getaround, Los Angeles