Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure (Aliso Viejo, CA)
Software Engineer, Cloud Back End
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud Engineering team, you’ll play a key role in the design and development of server-side applications for cloud automation on a large, geographically distributed infrastructure.
- Design and develop high-performance distributed systems which span many data centers around the world
- Debug and maintain critical systems that support PlayStation Now, PlayStation’s Cloud Gaming service
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience programming in Java (Java 7+) or Golang
Skills & Knowledge
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies
- Follows programming best practices including unit testing, integration testing, static analysis, and code documentation
- Experience with software design and architecture (e.g. Design Patterns, Object-Oriented Design, etc.)
- Experience with concurrent programming best practices (e.g. multi-threading, asynchronous, multi-process programming)
- Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL data stores (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, HBase, etc.)
- Knowledge of messaging frameworks (e.g. Kafka, 0MQ,, etc.)
- Knowledge of stream processing frameworks (e.g. Samza, Kafka Streams, etc.)
- Knowledge of virtualization or container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Contributor to the open source community (i.e. Github, Stack Overflow, blogging, etc.)
- Stays up to date with latest technologies (i.e. reads technology blogs, attends conferences, etc.) and has no problems sharing that information with teammates
- Enjoys playing video games
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Development Engineer in Test
WePay, Redwood City, CA
Senior Security DevOps Engineer
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Document Control Specialist
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, MA, USA
Senior Android Developer- Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Test Engineer (Applications) - Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Sunnyvale, CA
Indigo, Boston, MA