Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer, PS Games (Back End)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
The Senior Software Engineer will architect, design, and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and highly scalable API designs. This team is responsible for the design and development of User Generated Content, Friend and Media Search and Recommendations, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence among other future looking features using state of the art technologies!
- Architect, design and implement RESTful Web Services API and algorithms
- Produce excellent, thorough design and development documentation
- Work with limited supervision under tight time constraints with respond to rapidly evolving requirements
- Familiar and comfortable with Agile/Scrum software development methodology
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science plus 10 years of experience or equivalent; Master's degree preferred.
- 5+ years of solid programming experience in Java core libraries and developing web server applications, object oriented design and design patterns, and passionate about writing high quality and well-architected code
- Experience in building high-performance and cloud based scalable web services. Experience with design and implementation of modern web services architecture and API frameworks (REST/JSON/gRPC). Experience with Amazon Web Services and EC2 a big plus.
- Knowledge of NoSQL, Search, Machine Learning and Go is a big plus
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices – requirement gathering and analysis, design and develop secure and scalable code with unit tests, participate in code reviews and documentation; experience with open source based technology stack
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests; strong written and verbal communication skills
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.