Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Sony Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Technical Designer to create modular interactions and one-off scripted moments that set the bar for the PS4. This individual will work side by side with our Level Design, Systems Design, Combat Design and Engineering teams, supporting innovative and ambitious content through solving scripting, workflow and implementation problems.
As Technical Designer, you must possess the ability to effectively collaborate with design, art and engineering to creatively solve challenging technical problems. You have a strong CS and/or scripting background, and have likely worked on small student or personal projects, if not a shipped commercial game. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
• Work closely with the level designers and combat designers to create interactive objects and set pieces within the larger game.
• Solve problems using creative and innovative ideas.
• Create tools to optimize workflow and help the design team iterate more efficiently.
• Author complex scripted scenarios.
• Identify and solve technical issues for the other designers as the product goes through Alpha, Beta, and Final.
• The ideal candidate is part designer and part programmer.
• Experience with LUA scripting, or other C/C++ scripting.
• Experience creating tools and solving technical issues for design.
• Completing a Computer Science and/or related degree.
• Friendly, assertive, and open-minded.
• Experience designing puzzles or small games is preferred.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer, Core Services
JW Player, New York
Software Engineer, Robotics Calibration
drive.ai, Mountain View
Carbon, Redwood City
Acoustic Engineer (Audio Systems)
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Site Reliability Engineer
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA