PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Public Relations
San Mateo, CA
This position plays a central role in communicating the company’s innovation story across gaming and entertainment.
- Development and implementation of strategic communications plans in order to gain media mindshare; acting as global lead on AAA first-party campaigns.
- Manage team of PR professionals, which could include PR managers, Sr. PR specialists and PR assistants on day-to-day business operations, department initiatives, and general media programs.
- Offer strategic counsel and recommendations to supervisor on product strategies, competitive environment, market trends, etc.
- Responsible and accountable for running consumer PR sub-groups with minimal direction and supervision.
- Work closely with marketing partners and studio leaders to craft strategy and messaging; executing tactics with a high level of success.
- Relationship development with key consumer and enthusiast media, internal and external developers, other SIE departments globally, and various vendors.
- Lead large scale team-wide initiatives that touch multiple products and groups such as E3, preview events, holiday showcases, etc.)
- Oversee creation (and create) PR materials including fact sheets, pitch letters, Q&A’s, FAQ’s, developer bios, testimonial sheets, press releases, and wrap reports.
- Prepare and media train various spokespeople.
- Provide post mortem analysis of PR activities as needed, and develop PowerPoint presentations and speech points as necessary.
- Forecast and manage annual budgets for publicity programs, consumer media programs and others as assigned.
- Represent direct supervisory team at departmental management meetings and activities.
- Lead team discussions and aid in the process to find solutions to department-wide challenges.
- Ability to manage up to supervisor and management as appropriate on various issues which include, but are not limited to strategic planning, project status, internal challenges, product development updates, etc.
- Be fiscally responsible and able to support platform and software catalog with various creative programs.
- The desired candidate will possess at least 12+ years of Public Relations experience in consumer and/or tech PR. A combination of agency and in-house is a plus.
- Experience managing team members and the ability to work collaboratively with others across a large organization.
- Skilled at fostering relationships with various members of the media, and up-to-date with the latest trends within the digital landscape.
- Demonstrated experience in people management, media relations, message development, project management, strategic planning and execution, and media training spokespeople.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, presentation and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Solid/proven track record of developing and executing consumer PR plans and strategies. The successful applicant must also demonstrate analytical and strategic thought in plans and programs, as well as the ability to execute creative tactics.
- Applicants must have strong writing/editing skills for developing creative press materials as well as internal/external communications.
- Keen interest in video games and knowledge of the gaming industry is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Growth Marketer, Email
BarkBox, New York, NY
Manager, Product Marketing
Fundera, New York City
B2B Marketing Manager
Marketing Operations Manager
Vox Media, NY
NerdWallet, San Francisco, CA or Remote (based in the U.S.)
Content & Social Media Manager DACH (w/m/d)