Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Software Support Engineer, Network Services
Sony PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Will considering professional experience from upper mid-level to senior
We have an exciting career opportunity here at Sony Interactive Entertainment, PlayStation. We seek a talented network programmer to collaborate with industry-leading game developers in support of low-level network issues (ex: TCP, UDP, etc.), multiplayer engine design/architecture, PSN platform services, digital rights management, patching and digital commerce.
This engineer will provide support for SIE licensed developers using PlayStation platforms by providing technical solutions to their questions through DevNet, in-person, email, phone calls, and instant messaging. In addition, this engineer will generate presentations, documentations, training materials, and projects that will efficiently communicate the best technologies, algorithms, and processes to the PlayStation development community. If this is you please apply!
- Professional experience within the game industry
- Low-level network protocols (ex: TCP, UDP, rUDP, etc.).
- Professional experience in network/systems programming using C/C++
- Would consider C# or Java alternatively
- Network architecture and protocols
- Technology evangelism, advocacy, education, support, and training
- Ability to explain detailed technical topics in code, oral and written form
- Bachelor's degree
- Network game development for game consoles and/or Network client application programming for embedded, desktop or mobile environments
- Data security with untrusted clients, bandwidth optimization and packet shaping, load balancing and/or host selection in a dynamic environment
- Security and authentication techniques like DRM, SSL/crypto, etc.
- Research new hardware platforms and related APIs
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit http://www.us.playstation.com/
Jobs You May Like
Technical Program Manager-Engineering
Peloton, New York, NY
Qualitätsingenieur (m/w) Klingenfertigung
Harry’s, Harry's Germany
Software Engineer, Data
Snap Inc., Los Angeles, CA
Enterprise Support Engineer (Japanese Language)
GitHub, Remote- Japan
Services Architect (Boston, MA)
Okta, Boston, MA
Software Engineering Intern
PlayStation, Madison, WI