Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Software Engineer in Test
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Will consider professional experience at upper mid-level to senior.
Are you passionate about quality and have an eye for detail? Would you like to help ensure our software runs smoothly for developers and users alike? Do you want your work to influence the most successful gaming platform of all time?
We are looking for an engineer to work closely with our engineering teams to design and develop tests to exercise APIs and tools. As a part of R&D, you will have the opportunity to experience and contribute to new and exciting technologies, potentially outside the scope of your immediate role.
- Write test cases in C++ for automated test frameworks
- Work with different engineering teams to design and develop the test framework solutions
- Design and create new stand-alone test programs up requested
- Debug and analyze defects and create solutions for regression tests
- Setup and generate automated test reports
- Create test reports for activities performed
- Collaborate with overseas teams including outsourcing vendors
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Software development or Software Testing development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong C++ programming skills
- Proficient in using MS Visual Studio
- Proficient in Python scripting and testing automation
- Experience with different continuous integration tools, ex: Jenkins, Buildbot
- Experience with different version control systems ex: SVN, Git, Perforce
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Background in game development, consumer electronics
- Extensive exposure to debugging tools on both Linux and Windows
- LLVM compiler
- Compiler testing experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Development Engineer - Growth Platform
Senior Software Engineer - Merchant Services
Shopify, Ottawa, Canada
Software Development Engineer in Test (mobile)
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Highfive, Redwood City
Senior Gameplay Programmer
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Software Engineer - Security
Yelp, San Francisco, CA