PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This is a fast paced, high-visibility engineering position with SIE’s platform engineering organization helping to establish a linear scale, highly available, fault-tolerant, globally distributed services platform. This next generation services platform will support the global, fast growing SIE customer base, world class PlayStation consoles, hand-held devices, PlayStation TV, and network entertainment services such as PlayStation Now and PlayStationVue. This key role will lead the technology transformation of the network services platform including existing and new services supporting the dramatic customer growth on the platform.
The position requires partnering across Product Management, Architects, Engineering, Hosting and Operations. Position requires extensive hands-on technical expertise coupled with ingenuity, eCommerce platform domain expertise, identity management expertise, associated technology product knowledge, broad industry knowledge and excellent communication skills.
Candidate is expected to work with globally distributed teams to engage early and provide continuous delivery of high quality software products that delight Sony customers. Must be results oriented individual with a passion to deliver quality next generation global media and collection of entertainment services to our growing customer base.
- Performs a key leadership role in the evolution of the architectural road-map and supporting of the existing services on the network platform
- Plays a senior role in end-to-end delivery, working closely with engineering, quality engineering, product management and operations.
- Works with the product owners and other team members across the enterprise to drive new technology initiatives.
- Participates in product road-map discussions and identifies key areas for improvement in the product and incorporates these goals into ongoing & future development initiatives.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience in software development, expert level of programming, design, and analysis.
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, linearly scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST).
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms.
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies.
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with asynchronous messaging technologies.
- Experience with AWS platform.
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML.
- Knowledge of JSON schema and/or XML schema.
- Experience with networking, firewalls, and architecture a plus.
- Must possess outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.