PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Los Angeles, CA
The Software Engineer II is responsible for the design and development of full-stack web applications. A strong technical background and analytical thinking is expected and the ideal candidate will be heavily involved in designing, creating and maintaining code that supports Sony's PlayStation Network Platform. The Customer Service Engineering applications are expected to operate at high availability, and hence the candidate will be responsible for sound technology choices and implementing them in a fashion that is durable and scalable.
- Implement the User Interface for web applications using React.js and other web technologies.
- Take individual responsibility for the entire development cycle from requirements definition and design through coding, debugging, testing and final release.
- Work closely within a tight knit team of experienced engineers to produce high-quality software products on an aggressive schedule.
- Write and execute unit and integration tests.
- Refactor existing code base and improve overall quality of code
- Design and implement RESTful Web Services APIs
- Perform in-depth analysis of functional or business requirements.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to innovate in a technology area (e.g. Java).
- Achieves team consent and buy-in; perceived as a positive and constructive collaborator especially in code reviews.
- Be able to suggest solutions and designs for complex problems.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline, and 3-5 years of experience in commercial software development.
- 3+ year solid Java programming and systems experience
- Experience developing web services using JSON, XML and RESTful API design
- Experience with Spring Framework
- Expertise in object-oriented design methodologies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with test driven development and test automation.
- Experience with SQL and databases.
- Experience in full life-cycle agile software development.
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with Java Application Servers/Containers.
- Experience using source control such as git, JIRA systems in a team environment.
- Experience with AWS technologies
- Knowledge of DevOps practices, containerization, Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with production monitoring tools such as Splunk or APM
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery experience
- Experience with microservices architecture
- Experience working with Cloud development environment such as AWS is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SIE.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Program Manager Intern
Coursera, Mountain View, CA
Cloud Systems Developer
Cloudreach, Atlanta, Chicago, NewYorkCity, Norfolk, Dallas, Chicago, Seattle, RemoteUS
Lead Mobile Engineer - iOS (Remote)
Betterment, Betterment HQ - New York City
HashiCorp, Remote US or Canada
MongoDB Database Server Engineer, Platform
MongoDB, New York City
iOS Engineer - Core Experience
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA