Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Principal Product Designer (IxD) | San Francisco, CA
Define the future of gaming & digital content distribution on the PlayStation platform.
Are you ready to do the best work of your life? Is every project an opportunity for you to gain a deeper understanding of users and hone your craft? Do you want to own the experience from strategy to concept and through implementation? Then join us as we redefine what it means to experience content on the PlayStation® platform!
As a Principal Product Designer at PlayStation, you will play a key role in shaping the future of the world’s largest game and content distribution platform. Located in the heart of San Francisco’s SOMA district you will collaborate directly with a talented cross-functional team of designers, researchers, engineers, and business partners to define strategies, ideate, communicate and create experiences that both delight users and support our growing business.
As part of the larger SONY design community you will join a global design group that respects and celebrates the value of craft, design thinking and design process. Collaborate with designers both locally and globally to elevate the standard of design across the organization while being exposed to cutting edge concepts and technology.
We aren’t looking for just anyone. We require a candidate with the passion, dedication and skills necessary to deliver best-in-class products and experiences to a diverse customer base.
If this sounds like you, and the people you want to work with, we would love to hear from you!
As a Principal Designer, you will:
- Work with design leadership to craft, refine and communicate design strategy and vision across the global organization.
- Effectively communicate and evangelize design thinking and process throughout the organization with compelling story telling.
- Partner with global product, business and technical teams in an agile environment to deliver world class experiences to our customers through all stages of a product lifecycle.
- Use your highly-refined skills in interaction design (journeys, flows, motion, design process and /or systems level thinking) to craft compelling, innovative solutions.
You will be a great fit if you:
- Have a driven, creative, efficient and openly collaborative, product-oriented mindset.
- Deeply understand the latest trends, processes and practices across industries.
- Enjoy participating in user research, contextual interviews, competitive and analogous research to help craft, guide and refine ground-breaking design solutions.
- Can distill simplicity from complex systems and quickly create a range of engaging, elegant, easy-to-use and technically-feasible ideas for a global audience in multiple languages.
- Champion user-centered design principles and methodologies and love mentoring design leads and helping grow a design practice.
- Can guide design leads across an array of projects simultaneously from concept to implementation.
- Have a mastery of the latest industry tools to create conceptual designs that communicate intention.
- Can show a portfolio that demonstrates a robust track record of successfully shipping products to market, across industries, showcasing an appetite for vision and designs that push boundaries, take risk and highlight your focus on your craft.
- Have little problem working at our San Francisco office and are able to occasionally travel abroad.
Bonus Points if you are:
- Interested in emerging technologies in TV, web, mobile, and other devices
- Passionate and knowledgeable in movie, music, and video game service and software industries.
- Experienced in designing for a 10-foot environment.
- Able to speak Japanese.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Quality Assurance
Glossier, New York, NY
moovel North America, Portland, OR
Senior Product Manager for Training Experience
Lumosity, San Francisco
Contract UI Designer
Senior Backend Engineer
Fishbrain, Stockholm, Sweden
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote