Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Product Designer (Visual/PS Core) | San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
As a Product Designer (Visual/PS Core) you will...
- Develop storyboards and wireframes, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Help define product requirements and play an active lead role in feedback and iteration during the product life cycle
- Participate in usability testing with our research team to gauge the effectiveness of new and existing products and make constructive suggestions for change
- Work closely with product management, engineering, stakeholders and senior leadership located around the world throughout all stages of the product cycle
You’ll be a great fit if you
- Want to be part of creating amazing experiences for an amazing brand (and enjoy fun office events for product releases, holidays and hobbies)
- Are into the micro-interactions and subtleties that help make an experience enjoyable for our customers
- Bring a strong sense of empathy and a user-centric approach to design and are able to marry that with business goals
- Have a portfolio showing compelling and quality interface design as well as a track record of leading projects under minimal supervision
- Have interest in emerging technologies in TV, web, mobile, and other devices (knowledge of movie, music, and video game service and software industries is a plus)
- Have designed for a global audience in multiple languages, ideally using some form of the agile process (enterprise experience would be nice, but not required)
- Are excited to work with teams in San Francisco, Tokyo and San Diego (some travel likely) and want to collaborate as part of a cross-functional team
- Think a little clarity in the process is a good thing and a little openness in requirements leaves room for innovation
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Visual Product Designer
Warby Parker, New York, NY
Project Manager – Marketing Analytics Specialist
trivago, Düsseldorf, Germany
Senior Product Manager, On-Demand Pet Owner Experience
Rover.com , Seattle
Product Manager - Monetization Platform
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Product Design Manager
Rover.com , Seattle
Vorarbeiter/in (Produktionslinien-Lead m/w)
HelloFresh, Verden, Germany