Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Application Security Engineer will provide technical guidance and hands on validation of secure solutions during the design, development, and testing of systems supporting Sony Interactive Entertainment products and services.
1. Collaborate with engineers, consultants and leadership to address security risks and provide mitigation recommendations within the SDLC.
2.Perform hands on security testing of products and services to proactively discover risk and track them to resolution.
3.Perform validation of security controls to insure adherence with compliance and industry best practices.
4.Understand, balance and communicate business risk with security risk.
5.High level of personal integrity, with the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and reflect appropriate level of judgment as it pertains to security.
Ability to understand business requirements and apply security without adversely affecting the desired functionality.
6. Develop automated application security pipeline.
- Firm understanding of enterprise class application architectures that are highly scalable and reliable and the ability to secure them.
- Experience with multiple languages such as Java, C++, PHP, etc. and understand how to detect and remedy related security issues such as OWASP top 10.
- Ability to scale security within the SDLC by automation using tools sets such as source code analyzers, vulnerability scanners, configuration validation, and similar techniques.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey security needs to developers, peers and leadership.
- Understanding to cryptographic processes such as key management, seeding, and PKI.
- Solid foundation in application security.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Client Services Engineer
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Embedded OpenGL Development- Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Hong Kong
Full Stack Engineer (Front End focus)
ThirdLove, San Francisco, California
Software Engineer (MediaWiki)
Wikimedia, San Francisco, CA or Remote