Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Graphics Rendering Engineer (PSVR)
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Sony PlayStation has an exciting opportunity for an experienced 3D graphics rendering engineer, to help build games and experiences using the PlayStation VR platform. The ideal candidate has broad experience with graphics programming techniques and optimization, especially using Unreal Engine on PlayStation 4. This engineer will work with a tight-knit team to contribute to the early influence of multiple cutting edge PlayStation VR projects.
The Graphics Rendering Engineer builds and improves rendering code for real-time applications such as games and VR experiences, using Unreal Engine 4. Tasks may include the implementation of new graphical rendering techniques and shaders, low-level optimization of existing code to support VR, as well as design and creation of art workflows and tools. The ideal candidate will also be an enthusiastic games player and will contribute to the design of shipping products.
- Develop innovative graphics techniques, algorithms, and tools to maximize graphics quality and performance
- Implement and improve modern game engine graphics pipelines
- Write high-quality, performant, and maintainable code
- Test and document code produced
- Maintain a creative and collaborative working relationship with other team members across various disciplines
- Expertise in C/C++
- Experience with game development on consoles or PC platforms
- Graphics/rendering programming: shaders, materials, lighting, rendering pipelines, procedural modeling and generation, 2D image processing, VFX and particle systems, and other graphics techniques
- Enthusiasm and initiative, excellent spoken and written communication
- Strong cross-disciplinary communication skills and collaborative mindset
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Unreal Engine 4
- PlayStation 4
- Virtual reality rendering experience
- Enthusiasm for games and storytelling
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.