Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Motion Designer (Contract)
This position is for a 6-month temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh Services.
San Diego, CA
The Motion Designer is a key member of the Product Development Services Group (PDSG) Creative team. You will have the opportunity to work with an internal creative team at one of the world’s leading entertainment companies. You will also have the opportunity to craft unique stories for use across a variety of media, from broadcast and digital, to retail and live events. Our team is small but driven, putting an emphasis on quality creativity and storytelling to deliver impactful end products to our clients.
- Understanding and appreciation of storytelling structure and mechanics, and how motion graphics integrate into that structure
- Demonstrated ability to create dynamic motion graphics packages and elements across a wide array of styles
- Adapt design style and sensibility to the specific job and characteristics of a particular game or task
- Be a proactive contributor to the creative process from the beginning of a project through delivery
- Channel and focus creativity and execute on projects under challenging time constraints and deadlines
- Understand and execute on client feedback and/or team notes to achieve desired end product
- Ability to work as part of a small team on both short term and long term projects
- At least 3 years' industry experience
- Bachelor's degree required in Graphic Design or equivalent experience
- Multi-discipline design skills (a selection of Print, Web, Interactive and Motion design)
- Strong and versatile Graphic Design skills
- Keen eye for detail, especially typography
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with Print, Interactive and Web-based design
- Although the job is primarily Mac based, candidates should be experienced working on both Mac and Windows
- Previous experience in Video Game Development and/or User Interface Design
- Motion design experience
- Knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Flexport, San Francisco, CA
MuleSoft, Cologne, Germany
Senior Full-Stack Software Engineer
Protein Biochemist / Enzymologist
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Senior Software Engineer - A/B Testing Experimentation Platform
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
WePay, Redwood City, CA