Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
As a Principal Database Engineer in Data Platform Operations team, you will be part of a team of highly technical engineers responsible for enterprise wide Real-time Data Platforms. The successful candidate will positively contribute in the Data Platform Services team for their day-to-day responsibilities and ensuring SLAs are met in accordance with the organizational objectives. And will be willing to get hands on provide expertise to the staff.
We are looking for a Database Engineer with strong experience with relational and big data database technologies. Must have good linux/Unix skills and scripting experience to support our next generation data platform built around Oracle, Cassandra and other new generation data technologies.
This position will join the Data Platform Operations team to support current and next generation real-time data platform technologies like Oracle, Cassandra, Aerospike, and other NoSQL technologies to deliver best-in-class scalable, highly available operational real-time platform to enable our customers and our fast-growing business.
- Experience with Oracle 12c, 11g features.
- Coordinate with Enterprise & Data Architects for planning and implementing database solutions.
- Lead the Oracle database team both technically and strategically to achieve roadmap goals.
- Participate in DevOps initiatives and execute on process improvements.
- Design and implementation of Oracle Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Reviews, evaluates, designs, implements and maintains company database(s):
- Creates database design specifications based on understanding of business transactions.
- Designs, codes, tests and implements custom database scripts and formal procedures.
- Ensures data integrity; recommends action to maintain data integrity; establishes process / procedures for ongoing data cleanup.
- Monitors and maintains databases for proper performance tuning.
- Designs, implements and maintains data retention and archival; plans for storage needs, retention, backup and recovery.
- Assists in identifying and resolving database problems.
- Establishes policies and procedures pertaining to the management, security and maintenance and use of the database management system.
- Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Support Database Platform Engineering in the architecture, development and deployment of NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, Aerospike and Cloud based environments. This includes, but is not limited to, advanced to expert engineering and implementation of the following:
- Manage, support and maintain database technology and infrastructure, adhering to the architectural guidelines and policies
- Database administration for off the shelf and internally developed applications, ensure continuous 24x7 operation and availability in support of mission critical business applications
- Install, maintain and upgrade of databases
- Write/maintain OS level scripts for DB and application maintenance
- Provide technical expertise and hands-on support in consolidation and migration of databases to new hardware and platforms
- 8+ years of working experience in operations team for mission critical environment (Data Center, 365x24x7).
- 3+ year’s professional experience as an administrator with data store technologies; relational and non-relation data store solutions like Oracle, MySQL, Cassandra, or NoSQL databases and associated practices.
- Working experience and scripting in configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet or Ansible).
- Strong scripting language skills (Perl or Python and bash) for automating system administration tasks.
- Experience with monitoring platforms using tools like Nagios/Wily, Console and Splunk for data reports.
- Good understanding of AWS RDS, NoSQL databases, and common components.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and thank you for your interest in SIE.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior IT Support Specialist
TaskRabbit, San Francisco
Mid-Senior IOS Engineer
Coffee Meets Bagel, San Francisco
Solution Manager - EMEA
Senior Software Engineer - Player Developer
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Markforged, Watertown, MA