PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Compiler Engineer
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Picture yourself climbing through the Himalayas in search of the ancient kingdom of Shambhala, fending off a horde of zombies in the ruins of a once vibrant metropolis, or lining up a pristine headshot after camping in the perfect vantage point. Have you ever wondered exactly how the interactive and imaginative worlds of PlayStation are brought to life? It takes teams of talented and hardworking dreamers, cutting edge hardware design, and millions of lines of C++ code funneled through the PlayStation Toolchain.
If the prospect of leveraging the latest innovative compiler technologies to tackle exciting challenges and contribute to the best gaming ecosystem worldwide, then take your software engineering career to the next level with us here at PlayStation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment R&D West is looking for a Senior Compiler Engineer to join our CPU compiler team to design, develop, and deliver an exceptional CPU compiler for PlayStation platforms. We expect the compiler to exceed the expectations of our game and application developers and support the continued tradition of excellence championed here at PlayStation.
- Work with a global team of engineers to design, implement, optimize, debug, test and deliver product-level compiler tools
- Interact with our worldwide engineering and developer support teams to ensure the compiler exceeds the needs of our developers
- Engage with the open source community for our mutual benefit
- Interact with our QA team to ensure the quality of the compiler
- Work with documentation team to create user documentation
- Support game developers on all toolchain related matters
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- At least five years of relevant experience
- Strong C and C++ knowledge and development skills
- Experience with LLVM Compiler
- Strong knowledge of debugging, performance analysis and tuning, and testing
- End-to-end understanding of the entire toolchain, including compiler, linker, debugger, and binary utilities
- Knowledge, or strong desire and motivation to learn, of compiler internals, including general and target-specific optimizations, code generation, instruction scheduling, syntax parsing, and runtime library interactions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Experience in both Windows and Linux development environments is a plus
- Experience with agile software development methodologies is a plus
- Experience with diverse multi-country development teams is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.