PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Corporate Internal Communications Manager
San Mateo, CA
Want to do amazing work? Come join us! Our employees create games and products that bring joy to tens of millions of people around the world every day. This kind of work doesn’t just happen — it’s a team effort that’s only possible because our employees share a passion for amazing our fans.
As the Senior Corporate Internal Communications Manager, you will shape, develop, and lead key employee communication and engagement strategies at Sony Interactive Entertainment, the company responsible for the PlayStation family of products and services.
You will also be responsible for evolving our award-winning internal communications program by managing executive communications, developing creative ways to inform and engage employees, and helping build a fun and exciting culture that delivers on our brand promise.
We are looking for someone who enjoys working on a broad range of communications, is a creative writer, a strong project manager with excellent people skills.
The ideal candidate has a Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism, or English with 10 years+ of work experience in a combination of agency and corporate environments. The role sits within the Communications team and an interest in Public Relations is a plus. Experience in consumer products or the video game industry, is preferred but not required.
Main Areas of Responsibility/Key Performance Indicators:
- Develop and implement the employee communications strategy for multiple teams and programs across PlayStation in support of our company strategy and priorities.
- Drive employee engagement, understanding, inspiration, and connection to leaders, our purpose and values with executive communications, programs and events.
- Provide communications expertise, counsel and support designated leaders and partners.
- Develop a process for delivering high quality and interesting content for the intranet.
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all channels/mediums and external communications narratives
- Measure and quantify communications strategy
- Act as a company spokesperson internally
Required: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred: A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, English or Journalism.
10 years of work experience in a combination of agency and corporate environments.
Ten years of work experience, including at least 5 years in a corporate communications function within a consumer or video game company.
The ideal candidate:
- Very strong communicator- both written and verbal
- Experienced working in fast-paced and evolving corporate organizations
- Can operate as a respected business partner, not simply taking direction, but providing valuable advice and appropriate push back
- Ability to influence and build partnerships at all levels
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, highly creative, and proactive
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential information
- Willing to take feedback and grow into having greater responsibility
- Passion for PlayStation products and the community
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Peloton, NY HQ
Getaround, Oakland, CA
Sr. Director - Regional Marketing
Channel Marketing Manager EMEA (m/f/d)
Formlabs, Berlin, Germany
Head of Global Sales Development
Medallia, Austin, TX, USA
Donor Operation & Stewardship Associate
Khan Academy, Mountain View, CA