PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Director, Portfolio Strategy
San Mateo, CA
Third Party Relations is looking for a Director of Portfolio Strategy. This role will be responsible for designing, standardizing, and applying a platform-wide view of what relevant game content is best suited to serve all needs and constituencies across PlayStation Platforms. The Portfolio Strategy Team sets the roadmap for what content is relevant to PlayStation objectives, determines how the existing “known content” matches against that roadmap, and proposes scenarios the broader organization should pursue for optimal platform performance across the content spectrum. In addition, this role will oversee the central source of truth for ongoing content scheduling, including regular reporting to executives on key/priority content.
- Design, rollout, and maintain a platform-wide model of optimal content cadence and partnership possibilities to achieve goals
- Oversee “Platform Lift” models for partnership forecasts and exclusive content valuation
- Collaborate with Global Consumer Insights to assess the target audience for PlayStation and expected saturation levels from “known content” to identify key areas for expansion and investment.
- Set roadmap for content investment to best serve platform needs, including budget tracking, KPI analysis, and ROI targets for all material Third Party
- Deals (ie deals with a net cash value in excess of $3M)
- Budget oversight of the global Co-Marketing spends as it pertains to share of voice needs – overseeing, assigning, and tracking ~$80M+ per year.
- Collaborate with and Integrate “Joint Business Plan” objectives set by the Head of Business Policy to ensure content delivery of KPIs across all functions
- Manage staff for “source of truth” of content roadmap – what games are coming to the platform and when, what information do we know about them, and how can we parse that information for a varied set of groups within the company
- Oversee ongoing creation of weekly or bi-weekly reports to executives about key upcoming content, including partnerships, competitive platform information
- At least 6 years of experience working in video games or a related industry, demonstrating a strong history of relationship growth successes
- Deep understanding of all current PlayStation hardware platforms, games, and services.
- Deep understanding of all console, mobile, social, and PC platforms, games and services.
- Passion for games in all of their forms
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, comfortable engaging in communication with all levels
of management, both internal and external.
- Deep understanding of the relationship between content, platform positioning, consumer segmentation and
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Communication, or other related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, crossfunctional
projects and competing priorities.
- Highly organized and comfortable working with information aggregation, management, and reporting
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful
recommendations and action plans.
- Ability to take ownership of an issue and see it through to resolution.
- Analytical skills and system design experience is a must
- Strong presenter with the ability to create decks, present to partners, teammates, and executives, and follow-up accordingly
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Creative Strategist, Branded Content
GOOD Worldwide, Los Angeles or New York
Elasticsearch - Senior Java Engineer - Distributed Systems Team
Prototype Buyer/Procurement Coordinator
Senior Customer Success Manager
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Consultant, Professional Services - Dublin