PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Manager, Brand Marketing - US Territory
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Manager, Brand Marketing will lead US marketing for console & platforms. This role is instrumental in ensuring that PlayStation sustains leadership in one of most critical markets globally. You will oversee all aspects for brand marketing in the U.S. territory, ensuring that it aligns with the global strategy. This is a meaningful role to the global marketing team, reporting to the Global Director, Brand Marketing.
This person should be a highly driven experienced marketing professional who has developed and led successful product launches and managed established brands. The position will require high levels of collaboration and communication.
Main Areas of Responsibility/Key Performance Indicators:
- Manage all aspects of PS4 Marketing in the US Territory
- New Skus & packaging development
- Integrated planning and market analysis for the US Market.
- Partner integration w/ brand and game partners.
- Run and track global marketing budget and performance against local territory business objectives
- Key contact with local sales and operations to ensure that the brand is represented in 360 communications.
Communications Planning & Execution
- Collaborate with the global marketing team to execute integrated marketing campaigns including broadcast, digital, social, CRM, search, promotions, retail/channels that drive commercial results and brand affinity with global scale and impact
- Evaluate creative work against brand strategy to ensure creative achieves the US sales targets / objectives.
- Review US media plan, optimize campaign performance and manage marketing mix.
- Execute within 3P partnership marketing, towards achieving platform adoption and brand goals.
People & Team Leadership
- Lead, develop and mentor direct report.
- Work closely with product, marketing communications teams, PR, sales, account management, operations, agencies, content partners on go-to-market development and campaign launch
- Oversee internal and external creative, media and digital teams/agencies as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- MBA a plus
- 12+ years’ experience leading teams in consumer facing organizations with growing levels of responsibility.
- Led marketing for large consumer facing brands with a significant marketing budget (>$15M).
- Experience working with and directing creative and media agencies.
- Significant experience and understanding of business operations with strong critical thinking and prioritization skills.
- Experience running multiple projects in highly dynamic and fluid environment
- Demonstrated expertise in making business-critical decisions
- Maintain strict confidentiality with privileged information, work well with others and handle a high-pressure environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong thought & people leadership experience
- Contribute to results. Dedication to high standards and passionate about goals/ beliefs in the face of complex obstacles/roadblocks
- Big collaborator. Work productively & co-operatively with peers and across matrices.
- Real passion for games and brands
- Strong communication and collaboration skills with the ability to form deep and trusted relationships, across organizations, to achieve common goals.
- Experience partnering with and presenting to C-level executives
- A high-energy, ambitious, enthusiastic, disciplined, hard-working teammate.
- Proactive, organized and shown ability to handle complex plans with multiple internal/external partners.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
187 Active Jobs
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.