PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
This internship is for Summer 2020.
Machine Learning Intern
Santa Monica Studio
Do you want a chance to work on AAA products with the dialog team that made God of War, Spider-Man and Death Stranding? We’re looking for an intern who can:
- Work with the team comprised of dialog supervisors and coordinators to support the needs of a project.
- Learn the overall pipeline of dialog sound production for games, from pre-production to post.
- Recording voice talent for our titles in our studio and mocap stage set-ups.
- Edit and master in-game dialog assets.
- Implement assets into game engines and various proprietary tools.
- Run assets to assist our team for post-production, outsourcing and localization.
- Knowledge of audio production is required, including direct working knowledge of recording, editing and mastering.
- Use and knowledge of professional audio editorial tools but not limited to ProTools, Adobe Audition, Wavelab, iZotope RX and Reaper, etc.
- Communication: High degree of communication skill. Interns should be hardworking, communicative, and outgoing.
- Highly organized with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced game development environment
- A strong problem-solver.
- An accredited education in the field of audio, sound design, television, broadcasting and game design.
- Knowledge or familiarity with sound middleware tools like WWise, Fmod and the Unreal Engine.
- Experience in recording voice talent for various projects - games, film, animation, podcasts.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.