PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
SIE is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to join a growing team in the Service Platform group.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be accountable for crafting and maintaining highly scalable set of Java services and APIs to give PlayStation users access to the content they love at lightning fast speeds! If you are a full-stack developer with hands-on experience in Java and have a passion for massively scalable java APIs and gaming, this is the right spot for you!
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years programming experience in Java
- Hands on experience in RESTful API architecture and development
- Experience building solutions on AWS utilizing AWS products and services
- Knowledge of security standards and techniques for web applications
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience delivering high performance, active-active, linearly scalable services (Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, Big Data/NoSQL, REST)
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience with agile development methodologies and test-driven development processes preferred
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems in a team environment
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML
Additional Desired Skills and Attributes
- Good knowledge of Python 3 and at least one of the Python web frameworks such as Django, Bottle or Flask
- Possess the drive and passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and be able to work with others at all levels, effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.