Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Are you a commercially focused, highly motivated, passionate Product Manager who can define and drive the future of digital advertising across the PlayStation Network? If so, then this is the role is for you.
Based in downtown San Francisco (SoMa), you will drive the definition, development and implementation of advertising solutions and tools that will be used to drive optimized audience targeting, forecasting, sales, trafficking and reporting of integrated advertising experiences across the PlayStation Network. The ideal candidate is someone with an extensive background in digital media and advertising with a successful track record in a global enterprise product/software development environment.
- Responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of Advertising products & features, platform enhancements, and advanced Advertising technologies for insertion of targeted display, video, and interactive ads across the PlayStation Network’s products and services.
- Responsible for working with cross-functional teams from Ad Sales, Engineering, Marketing, Ad Operations, Legal, and software vendors to develop targeted, interactive, and measurable advertising solutions.
- Partner with operations, legal, accounting, finance, sales, and service to design the business processes required to operationalize the platforms and products you design
- Identify market trends, perform competitive analysis, and assess impact/opportunities for Video Advertising platform for both IP and traditional broadcast TV.
- Develop product & platform positioning, feature development roadmap, marketing; functional and high level technical requirements.
- Assess platform functional capabilities, support the assessment of the platform technical capabilities, develop business requirements, and plan for the development of platform enhancements and new advanced Advertising solutions.
- Manage product platform throughout the product lifecycle
- Work with cross-functional teams in developing, launching, and supporting product releases.
- Balance and manage technical, feature, capital funding, and schedule trade-offs.
- Monitor performance results of Advertising service and serve as key communication contact with ad sales operations and external software/platform vendors on product and service issues.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent required
- Minimum 7+ years of demonstrable experience in a product management or related role
- Minimum 5+ years of demonstrable experience in digital advertising
- Exceptional product management skills
- Strong project management skills
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to travel for key stakeholder meetings
- Strong PowerPoint presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with stakeholders and project team members to further the business objectives of our products and services
- Excellent written, verbal and social skills - You will be interacting with all types of people (user experience designers, engineers, managers, clients, etc.)
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal supervision
- Understand agile software development process
- Knowledge of movie, music and video game service and software industries, business models and markets including competing services desired
- Experience managing consumer facing web services or products desired
- Must be able to provide examples of prior work (requirements documents, user stories, wireframes, user flows, etc)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.