Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Technical Account Manager
PlayStation HQ: San Mateo, CA
Sony Interactive Entertainment (PlayStation) has an exciting career opportunity. We seek a Senior Technical Account Manager to ensure that our game licensees have the best possible experience while developing on PlayStation platforms. Few positions can offer an opportunity like this, specifically the studio interaction, support of the largest gaming companies on the planet, and vehicle to affect change. To be proficient in this position, you should possess both business acumen and technical expertise to influence game development decisions while assuring that they align with the grander Sony vision. It will be your job to advocate on behalf of your game developers within Sony, and also ensure developers are fully aware of what the PlayStation platform has to offer. If this is you join us!
• Willingness to travel to support PlayStation development partners and studios.
- Build long-term collaborative relationships with technical decision makers and influencers.
• Evangelize the PlayStation platform towards strategic alignment of developer projects.
• Meet regularly with accounts to proactively identify project risks, support needs, and business opportunities.
• Collect developer feedback and champion within SIE.
• Recommend and drive technical best practices amongst licensed developers.
• Provide onsite, high level technical consultancy, support and training.
• Serve as an escalation point on behalf of partners.
• Deliver technical presentations and demos at industry events and on customer sites.
• Lead developer training events, postmortems, and advisory panels.
• Coordinate and align with other internal groups towards providing developers with a unified and cohesive message.
• Identify tools, processes and tech features to facilitate development on PlayStation platforms.
• Lead regular calls with assigned publisher/developer accounts and drive creation/resolution of action items.
• Produce developer visit reports and account status updates.
- Other tasks assigned as necessary.
- At least 3 years of prior software tools or middleware development using C/C++.
- High level technical knowledge of the PlayStation platform is preferred.
Understanding general development pipeline.
- Prior console game development experience is preferred.
- Prior account management experience preferred.
- Focus on customer support / training / mentoring.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Strong debugging and coding skills. Can quickly familiarize with new codebases.
- Strong leadership skills and require little to no supervision at partner sites.
- Can travel and coordinate with other individual contributors to solve issues at hand. When not able to directly or efficiently solve partner problems, must be able to identify technical expertise needed to solve the problems.
- Ability to communicate critical technical and business information to key parties.
- Effectively present technical materials to a large audience.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Account Executive - LA
Vistar Media, Los Angeles
Enterprise Account Executive - DACH
Qualtrics , Munich, Germany
Sales Development Representative
Flexport, New York, NY
Business Development Representative
Senior Account Executive, Enterprise Sales - Financial Services
Yext, New York, NY
Vettery, New York