Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Sr. Account Executive, Publisher Relations
San Mateo, CA
The Senior Account Executive, Publisher Relations is responsible for owning the primary business relationship with PlayStation publishing partners, providing strategic, holistic oversight and guidance into key verticals of the Third Party business while driving revenue to achieve SIEA and partner goals. This individual is responsible for working with publishing partners to bring differentiated gaming experiences to PlayStation platforms, and will work cross-functionally and cross-regionally to ensure aligned KPIs are met and exceeded. This individual will also leverage global internal resources to provide creative business solutions to logistical and operational game publishing challenges, and will provide data-driven insights and best practices to key partners. In addition, the Senior Account Executive is responsible for the management and development of Account Relations Managers, and will represent and evangelize the PlayStation brand and SIEA’s platform initiatives to our publishing partners.
- Act as the primary business contact for represented accounts. Manage the platform business dialog with partners to discuss individual and shared KPIs, product slate, operational and logistical executions of content on PlayStation platforms, and provide data-driven insights and best practices to maximize revenue
- Collaborate with internal marketing stakeholders, portfolio teams, and the Publisher Relations Director to develop, negotiate, and secure a robust lineup of high-impact, genre defining partnerships to make PlayStation The Best Place To Play
- Collaborate with Partner Business Management team to propose, develop and deliver data-driven insights culled from proprietary platform data to drive holistic business for both platform and partner
- Advocate represented partner initiatives to the platform, while simultaneously evangelizing platform initiatives to partners
- Track and supervise partner product through internal channels, ensuring products meet technical and operational compliance through release to meet platform production deadlines
- Leverage strategic platform product lifecycle management initiatives
- Create, track, analyze and communicate quantitative metrics and business trends to influence decision making both internally and with publishing partners
- Create post-mortem analyses of key programs and title performance (from pre-launch to post-launch), with the goals of overcoming issues and maximizing revenue for both the platform and represented partners
- Manage the implementation and optimization of SIEA’s strategic partnerships with key publishers, expanding reach of platform-driving software titles
- Represent SIEA and the PlayStation brand at off-site industry events and regular publisher visits and evangelize platform brands and services
- Lead a and develop a team of Account Relations Managers to ensure that a publisher’s product release and sales & marketing implementation schedules are on target and met according to contractual agreements and/or platform guidelines
- 10+ years of experience leading multifunctional, global teams for a top tier publisher
- Financial and Cost Analysis expertise in driving global businesses that deliver $150M-$500M in revenue resulting in a minimum of 125% ROI
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal; comfortable engaging in communication with all levels of management, both internal and external
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about complex issues, leading to thoughtful recommendations and action plans
- A comprehensive understanding of the relationship between global development and publishing teams from within a multinational publishing organization
- Excellent project management experience, with the ability to lead and handle multiple time-sensitive, cross-functional projects with competing priorities
- Ability to analyze performance data (sales and gameplay telemetry) and provide clear recommendations to improve sales and increase engagement and revenue
- Thorough tracking of action items, and ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
- Must have at least 6 years of experience with in relationship management
- Must have at least 2 years in project implementation
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Business, Communication or other related field or equivalent work experience desired
- Proven experience providing direct customer support including problem analysis, issue tracking, escalation and resolution
- Proven experience in Program/Project Management
- At least 3 years of experience in cost analysis of product P&Ls
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Engineer- Sydney
Qualtrics , Sydney, Australia
Teads, San Fransisco
Advisor – Sales (Part-Time), D.C. Market
Warby Parker, Washington, D.C.
Mid Market Sales Manager
Classy, San Diego HQ
Sales Development Representative, Research Services
Qualtrics , Sydney, Australia
Path Forward Sales Returnship 2018
Cloudflare, San Francisco, CA