Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
The Security Analysts are all members of the Security Operations Center, which is responsible to provide 24x7/365 continuous investigation of correlated security event feeds and the appropriate escalation in case of an identified security incident. They are the primary contact for any suspected security incident and work together with the SIRT team on resolving incidents and remediating threats to the Sony Interactive Entertainment enterprise. The Analyst also takes part in providing feedback to assist in the creation and steady improvement of correlation rules, security policies, processes and procedures and other department related documentation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities of the Security Analysts include but are not limited to:
- Perform intrusion analysis using SIEM technology, packet captures, reports, data visualization, log analysis and pattern analysis.
- First responder to security event escalations via email, phone and ticket
- Detect, escalate, and assist in remediation of critical information security incidents.
- Document and communicate findings, escalate critical incidents, and interact with customers
- Improve and challenge existing processes and procedures in a very agile and fast moving information security environment.
- Corporate communication monitoring (jabber, slack, etc)
- Maintains knowledge of information security policies and goals
- Keeps current on the current IT threat landscape and upcoming trends in security
- Other duties that are assigned
- Bachelor's degree required, or equivalent industry experience (2+ years)
- SANS GCIA certification preferred, or relevant intrusion analysis experience
- 1 + year security analysis experience
- 1+ years of IT or networking experience required
- Basic Linux/Unix OS and Windows knowledge
- Firewall rule and policy fundamentals
- Network routing fundamentals
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with customers via the phone
- Good independent problem solving experience
- Ability to manage parallel tasks and accurately document resolutions
- Experience working with customers in a fast pace environment
- Quality and network security focused
- Knowledge of network packet analysts tools (tcpdump and wireshark)
- Basic troubleshooting
- Able to perform case management duties
- Industry recognized professional certification such as GCIA , Security+, CCNA
- Past experience with or current understanding of government intelligence processes and systems.
- Direct experience with Malware and analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Basic understanding of Scripting (e.g., PERL, Python, shell scripting)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.