Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Director, Competitive Gaming
San Mateo, CA
Competitive Gaming is an exciting and burgeoning space within the landscape of gaming. As one of the leaders of the gaming industry, PlayStation is focused on the eSports business both regionally and globally as a part of the strategic outlook on the future of gaming. The Director, Competitive Gaming will be a senior member of this initiative, responsible for not only assisting in the creation of the overall strategy, but heavily in its execution. This position will touch all aspects of the initiative from coordinating regional activities to assisting the activation of global sponsorships. This person will also help to build the overall infrastructure, determining and allocating resource needs, global/ regional governance, cross-functional partnership and advocacy, and being the right-hand person to the Global Vice President of Competitive Gaming with all other functions.
- Assist in the design of overall eSports/ competitive gaming strategy
- Manage the execution details of the eSports/ competitive gaming initiative
- Create and present business cases for tournament strategy, content roadmaps, and forward-looking business opportunities within competitive gaming
- Oversee Tournament Program management
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to rally consensus on various initiatives
- Budget management
- Primary liaison with internal departments, specifically, working closely with marketing, communications and publisher relations.
- Coordination of strategy roll out with regional offices
- Identify and facilitate relationships within the eSports/ competitive gaming community
- At least 8+ years of experience in the gaming industry
- At least 3+ years of experience in eSports
- Extensive knowledge of the competitive gaming landscape
- Strong ability to network with leaders and influencers within the competitive gaming space
- Experience creating business models
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven management/ leadership success
- Strong financial acumen
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to influence decisions on a global scale
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
SimilarWeb, New York
Townsquare Interactive, Buffalo, New York, United States
Lead Stylist - Supervisor, Avalon
Bonobos, Alpharetta, GA
Demand Executive - Brand Marketers and Advertisers
Factual, New York
Inside Sales Representative (North Charlotte)
Red Ventures, North Charlotte