PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Interactive Entertainment
Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure
Service Reliability Engineer
Aliso Viejo, CA
Do you want to use transformative technologies to achieve greater scalability and efficiencies? Do you want a career that combines your engineering skills and your passion for video gaming? Are you fascinated by technologies behind the Internet and cloud computing? If so, join us!
Sony Interactive Entertainment’s Cloud Gaming Engineering & Infrastructure Division is leading the cloud gaming revolution, putting console-quality video games on any device, from consoles and laptops, to mobile devices and beyond.
Our SREs focus is on three things: overall ownership of production, production code quality, and deployments. The successful candidate will be self-directed and able to participate in the decision making process at various levels.
We expect our SREs to have opinions on the state of our service, and provide critical feedback during various phases of the operational lifecycle. We are engaged throughout the S/W development lifecycle, ensuring the operational readiness and stability of our service.
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience (2+ years for Junior) in Software Development and/or Linux Systems Administration role.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Available to participate in a scheduled on-call rotation.
Skills & Knowledge
- Proficient as a Linux Production Systems Engineer, with experience managing large scale Web Services infrastructure.
- Development experience in one or more of the following programming languages:
- Python (preferred)
- Bash, Go, Java, C++, or Rust
- In addition, experience with one or more of the following:
- Distributed data storage at scale (eg. Hadoop, Ceph)
- NoSQL at scale (eg. MongoDB clusters, sharded Redis, Cassandra)
- Data Aggregation technologies. (eg. ElasticSearch, Kafka)
- Scaling and managing traditional RDBMS (eg. PostgreSQL, MySQL) with High Availability
- Monitoring & Alerting (eg. Prometheus, Grafana), and Incident Management toolsets
- Virtual infrastructure and/or container hosting (deployment and management) at scale
- Release Engineering (Package management and distribution at scale)
- S/W Performance analysis and load testing (QA or SDET experience: a plus)
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
391 Active Jobs
Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.