PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Production Artist - (Contract position)
PlayStation Network is a one-stop shop for not only the best games, but for all forms of premium entertainment including Movies, TV, and Apps. With significant video engagement on the platform, PlayStation Video has become integral to driving non-game activity on PlayStation Network.
As the Production Artist Contractor, you will process digital artwork in support of the PlayStation Video business on multiple platforms for each product title and bundle offering. You also will process requests for banner and merchandising artwork to be featured on our digital storefronts. This will entail working with studio/partner provided artwork assets and optimizing (with some creative design) to our artwork specifications using the Adobe design programs. The candidate must be comfortable working in a high-volume environment with tight deadlines.
- Optimizing and designing of digital product art
- Prioritizing, maintaining, and archiving all artwork assets
- Managing workload to ensure daily deadlines are met
- Proactively tracking and escalating issues with studio art assets
- Ensuring the quality of all assets are aligned with internal artwork specifications and standards
- Prioritizing and managing individual work queues in our CMS and JIRA for daily assignments
- Supporting artwork requests and workflows for our video business and other media workflows as necessary
- Retrieving digital art assets from B2B sites, drop locations, or emails when necessary
- Uploading final art assets to our CMS systems for publishing
- Detailed understanding of web image standards and digital image preparation
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and Acrobat
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop with regards to image manipulation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly-organized with outstanding attention to detail
- Self-motivated, reliable, and able to handle multiple projects and tight deadlines simultaneously and optimally
- 1-2 years of experience in digital entertainment or a related field
- 1-2 years of post-high school education or training required
- Experience working with and adhering to file naming conventions, style guides, file directories, and digital asset management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in art/design or related field of study preferred
- Interest in digital media, interactive entertainment preferred
- Familiarity with PlayStation Network and services offered
- Experience in a national or global company
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
The best bed for better sleep