Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Animation and Narrative Manager
Come join the award-winning God of War development team! Santa Monica Studio is looking for a Senior Animation & Narrative Manager to work closely with all members of the animation and narrative teams. These teams are made up of staff from many different disciplines including but not limited to Cinematic and Gameplay Animation, Design, Script, and Motion Capture.
As Senior Animation and Narrative Manager, you will predominantly be responsible for the smooth running of these teams. You will also be involved in recruiting and wider studio strategic planning. Help us create amazing world leading games that will set the PS4 apart from the rest!
- Must have the necessary skills and knowledge to manage a team of animators and designers. Sufficient knowledge of the terminology and processes associated with these departments is essential.
- Partner with team leads to deal with personnel issues and facilitate individual growth, such as meeting task expectations. General staff feedback will include mentoring and guidance delivered via regular one on ones and also annual reviews.
- Manage performance within the team in a way that encourages innovation and creativity, while establishing and codifying best practices and processes. Maintain an inspiring creative culture, where experimentation, feedback and iteration are encouraged.
- Establish responsibility and accountability within the team. Create, develop, and support new leaders.
- Represent the team at the studio level. Ensure that appropriate communication flows freely within the team. Escalate and resolve production team needs, issues and concerns in a responsive, effective and visible manner.
- Ensure that communication flows smoothly between the animation team and the rest of the studio.
- Act decisively to remove roadblocks and smooth out interdisciplinary issues.
- Provide regular and meaningful feedback to all reporting staff.
- Contribute to studio planning around personnel issues, headcount planning, project strategy, budgets, studio culture and other needs as required.
- Coordinate knowledge sharing with other WWS studios.
- Attract and retain top tier talent, to build an industry leading team. Coordinate with the recruiting team to refine the process. Guarantee a positive, respectful and responsive experience for all candidates.
- Function as the studio point person in regard to the Animation and Narrative Team Internship Programs. This involves working closely with the SIE U.R (University Relations) team and also maintaining direct relationships with top universities.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and improvement of the production process and workflow.
- Collaborate with Studio Leadership and Production Team to ensure a consistent, transparent and effective production process across disciplines.
- Evaluate and adjust workflow, tools and communication, as needed, as well as software and hardware requests.
- Minimum of 7 years game industry experience with at least 5 years’ experience as a Manager and a further 3–5 years functioning in an internal development production type role.
- 3 or more published game titles.
- Prior experience working with large development teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively across Product Development and Management teams.
- Proven ability in conflict resolution with a high level of empathetic and listening skills.
- Proven experience producing cross-functional, creative development teams and resources to quality and schedule goals.
- Familiarity with traditional production management techniques.
- Excellent organizational & prioritization skills, attention to detail, process knowledge and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to identify other business units with necessary technical knowledge and cultivate relationships.
- Ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledgeable of current industry trends: stays up-to-date on competitive products and best practices.
- An undergraduate college degree - or - equivalent skill set.
- Must love games and have a passion for creating them!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Burlington, MA
Senior Software Engineer - Application Security
Rover.com , Seattle
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - SMT/PCBA
Fitbit, China - Shanghai
Senior Product Engineer - Core Experience
Segment, San Francisco, Vancouver, Remote - US or Canada
Engagement Manager, West Region
Software Engineer, Ads Infrastructure
Pinterest, San Francisco