Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Why Work When You Can Play?
About the role and how you will spend your time:
As a Site Reliability Engineer and member of the Service Platform Operations Team you will closely support engineering teams in the provisioning, integration, configuration, deployment, monitoring, and incident response of the applications and services at the core of the PlayStation Network handling millions of users and devices. The Service Platform Operations team handles application deployments, configuration, performance tuning and monitoring, capacity management, and production support for services which enable customers to access and enjoy a wide range of digital entertainment content seamlessly and across various devices and user interfaces. The Sr. Systems Engineer will support the team and drive improvements in process and technology of cloud and on-prem hosted services to improve continuous delivery, incident response, application availability, system resiliency and service monitoring.
The Senior Site Reliability Engineer will provide technical leadership to the Service Platform Operations Team as we configure, integrate, deploy, validate, monitor, and support services and applications on the PlayStation Network. Responsibilities include:
- Hands-on application management and support for AWS cloud and on-prem production environments, including full-stack diagnosis, fault resolution and root cause analysis.
- Proactive monitoring of production systems and identify issues before service impact.
- Drive and Implement monitoring tools/metrics/reports for tracking application/service performance.
- Collaborate with engineering and system teams to drive changes and ensure optimal application performance and resiliency.
- Lead service and system performance analysis, service capacity planning, and service continuity validation for multiple applications.
- Implement automated scripts/tools to automate operational tasks/activities.
- Review and influence design, architecture, standards, and methods for deploying, monitoring and operating services and applications.
- Actively participate and/or commit in the execution of tasks required to meet milestones and deliverables set by the SCRUM team throughout the release cycle.
- Provide rotational on-call support.
A minimum of 5 years supporting large scale multi-tiered web environments running complex Java-based applications is required. 3 years working as a “lead” engineer is highly preferred. Candidate must possess the following:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline.
- 5 years hands-on Linux experience (RHEL or CentOS preferred).
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a high-volume and/or critical production environment.
- 2 years hands-on AWS experience – Deploying, Supporting, and managing applications (sysops).
- Proficient in using the typical Linux toolbox of open source software and management tools.
- Experience with log management tools, e.g. Splunk, Logstash, Kibana.
- Exceptional scripting skills (python, shell, golang).
- Hands-on experience in troubleshooting and performance tuning of Java applications.
- Solid understanding of networking systems and protocols – HTTP, TCP/IP, SSL, DNS.
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar tool.
- Experience with Agile SCRUM development methodologies, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD).
- Experience in quality control and validating services in a production environment.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary
- 401K with company match; education assistance, generous paid leave, and more
- On site gym and cafe
- Release celebrations & happy hours
- Break rooms with networked PS4s; Monthly voucher for game/video/music usage
- Inter-office hackathon competitions
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Data Engineer
Senior Engineer – Data Pipelines ETL
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
2018 Software Engineer Intern, Beijing
Airbnb, Beijing, China
SSE - BIDW
Gwynnie Bee, Bangalore, India
Intern Structural Analysis
Box, Redwood City Office