Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Staff Software Engineer, Games & Social (Back End)
Location: San Francisco, CA (SoMa)
The Staff Software Engineer will design and develop cloud-based network software services for the PlayStation® and other applications/devices. S/he will provide strong technical leadership in cloud based software development and scalable API designs. The team is responsible developing services for features such as Communities, What’s New, Live Broadcasts, Friend Search, and Personalized Recommendations using Machine Learning algorithms, among others. If you’re passionate about solving Big Data challenges and working on exciting features using state of the art technologies, then PlayStation is the place you want to be!
- You will execute full life-cycle software development and write scalable, well documented, and maintainable code
- You will own features end-to-end including architecture, technology selection, operational feasibility, scalability, cost efficiency, testability, and monitoring capability
- You will work with limited supervision under tight time and resource constraints while responding to rapidly evolving requirement
- You will mentor others in development technologies, tools, and processes
- You will report directly to the Director of Engineering for Social and provide architectural oversight across multiple features
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field is required. MS degree is preferred.
- 7+ years of solid programming experience in Java (or other modern OOP languages) and developing high trafficked web services
- Experience in building and deploying cloud based services, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- Strong NoSQL knowledge and experience. Production experience with Cassandra, Aerospike, or Couchbase is preferred
- Experience developing Personalized Recommendations using Machine Learning algorithms is a big plus
- Experience with Kafka and Spark is a plus
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
SS7 Solution Engineer, Carrier Network Operations
First Orion Corp., Little Rock, Arkansas
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Encoding Technologies
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Sr DevOps Engineer
i.am+ Hollywood HQ, Hollywood
Drone Flight Instructor and Test Pilot
Airware, San Francisco
Dev Ops Engineer
Pager, New York, NY
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA