PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr Software Development Engineer in Test - Audio
PlayStation HQ in San Mateo, CA
Are you a motivated and creative individual who enjoys investigating new technologies? If so we have a great career opportunity! We seek a motivated engineer with a background in software testing. Here, you will validate and innovate PlayStation's groundbreaking hardware and software products. This is an opportunity to utilize your programming skills in C++ and Python while working on the most sophisticated gaming platform available. If this is you, please apply!
- Own manual and automated test development for PlayStation SDK.
- Team up with developers to ensure test coverage and build test plans that help deliver high quality features.
- Maintain and improve existing Jenkins CI/CD framework, build CI Pipelines, enable automation runs, and develop visualization tools for test reports.
- Improve coverage by creating automation scripts and test codes.
- Debug, analyze, and report issues through test operation and verify bug fixes.
- Drive test related meetings and create test plans, designs, statuses, reports to be accountable for the test activities and share with project members.
- Develop new tools, methodologies, techniques, and test metrics to improve our processes.
- Mentor junior team members by reviewing test plans, automation scripts, and provide measurable feedback.
- Solid experience writing manual and automation test codes in C++ and Python.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience building and executing test plans and test cases, also crafting automation frameworks and test suites for SDKs. (Audio preferred)
- Passionate about quality and strive to improve the test process, propose the innovative methodology and drive their usage within the teams.
- Exposure to version control solutions, such as SVN and GIT.
- Experience configuring and maintaining CI systems. (Jenkins preferred)
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent knowledge.
- Testing software of audio systems, audio libraries, or audio signal processing.
- Developing test code for a game console.
- Experience on both Linux and Windows.
- Bug tracking such as Jira or Bugzilla.
- Agile software development process.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
The world's largest funding platform for creative projects