Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) is responsible for the PlayStation® brand and family of products and services. PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994. The PlayStation family of products and services include PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Vita, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Store, PlayStation®Plus, PlayStation™Video, PlayStation™Music, PlayStation™Now, PlayStation™Vue, PlayStation®Original and acclaimed PlayStation software titles from SIE Worldwide Studios. Headquartered in San Mateo, California, SIE is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation and has global functions and regional headquarters in California, London and Tokyo.
Senior Narrative Writer
This position is for a temporary engagement through our staffing partner Yoh.
Sony Santa Monica is looking for an experienced Game Writer who understands the nuanced marriage between gameplay and narrative. The ideal candidate has a keen ear for dialogue and has written professionally on at least one shipped AAA game title.
- Generate banter dialogue and supporting narrative content for various game systems
- Collaborate with creative stakeholders to further and reinforce established story goals
- Contribute to the narrative development of game story, characters, lore, etc.
- 4+ years as a Writer in a professional capacity
- Knowledge of contemporary gameplay and narrative design
- Ability to adapt style to match the project’s current tone and character voices
- Skills and experience to quickly turn around feedback-based revisions
- Able to survive and thrive in a fast-paced, creative environment
Candidate must provide with the application:
- A cover letter with resume
- An existing writing sample of their work for evaluation, please provide scene-writing samples—no more than 15 pages in length—in screenplay style.”
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Product Manager - Information Security
Senior QA Test Analyst (Contract)
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
German speaking Game Presenter
4Catalyzer, Guilford CT, US
Senior Modeling Scientist, Inventory Performance
Senior Infrastructure Consultant (DevOps) (m/f/d)