PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
We are seeking an experienced Art Director for the development of a new unannounced title! Do you love collaborating to build genre-defining games? Join us as we embark on a new journey!
The Art Director is an industry veteran and craft expert. They have practical experience in defining and maintaining a world-class artistic vision to support the overall game vision with a proven execution to ship. They will coordinate large teams of artists across multiple subject areas to execute on the creative promise for a large-scale new project. The ideal candidate has been in a Senior/Lead role on multiple titles and is able to bring to bear their expertise in content creation, collaboration, and communication to craft immersive and engaging player experiences.
- Develop the aesthetic pillars of the project, so it can be executed via defined specifications, reference materials, and style guides for environments, characters and creatures, props, lighting, and special effects. Ensure all art assets are of the highest artistic quality and uphold the integrity of the vision of the game.
- Partner with the leadership team to identify and solve artistic challenges including defining a stylistic vision, establishing and maintaining aesthetic standards, and influencing the technical direction to best support the artistic, design, and narrative goals.
- Build, lead, and guide a team of cross-disciplinary artists through all phases of development and champion their needs.
- Maintain art scope and focus of an ambitious vision, including refining the process for developing estimates, crafting efficient content, and establishing clear review gates.
- Work with the other directors, leads, and producers to support collaboration across art, animation, design, audio, programming, and user research to reach project goals and offer art-driven solutions to design challenges.
- Contribute to studio and team building efforts including team training/development, recruiting, community outreach, and networking.
- 10 years of recent experience developing real-time 3d videogame artwork.
- Shipped at least 1 AAA game title in an Art Lead or Art Director role.
- Demonstrated experience in artist workflows, tools, and pipelines. Ideally this includes hands-on experience in more than one art field such as VFX, Lighting, Characters, Materials, Environments, etc.
- Ability to lead artists to high quality results by quickly providing clear and meaningful feedback.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Come join the Gemini team and help us build the future of money!