PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sr. Mobile Gameplay Designer
San Diego Studio
PlayStation has an exciting opportunity! We seek a Sr. Mobile Gameplay Designer to join our MLB The Show development team. The right person will be cognizant of top design trends, is a self-starter with the ability to bring their own creative perspective and is capable of crafting first class experiences.
Here, you will design advanced moment-to moment gameplay, including movement mechanics and environmental interaction (e.g., base running), interactions requiring high speed responsiveness and related UI (e.g., hitting), interactions requiring tactical choices coupled with real-time interactions (e.g., pitching) and associated feedback systems that facilitate understanding of outcomes from user input in scenarios stated. If this is you please apply!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product development, UI/UX design, artists, and engineering to define, design and implement fun and innovative gameplay.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, and prototypes to effectively communicate gameplay and design ideas.
- Present designs to peers and partners while clearly communicating design rationale.
- Visually and verbally articulate design decisions to teammates both within and outside of the team project.
- Establish and promote standard methodologies, and share these with other cross-functional teams.
- Conceptualize new gameplay, as needed, in order to raise the bar within established IP.
- Scope work to fit within finish dates and deliver on time.
- Research and experiment with new implementation and creation techniques.
- Professional work history (outside of academia) as a Mobile Gameplay Designer.
- Possess a strong portfolio that demonstrates your Gameplay design abilities.
- Be up to date with the latest Gameplay Design trends, techniques and technology.
- Experience creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, visual designs, and prototypes as well as clear documentation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- A passionate interest in the sport of baseball.
Nice to have:
- Any exposure to Sports video games.
- Prior exposure to any game titles with live content.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.