PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Senior Technical Artist (Procedural Environment Assets)
Sony Bend Studio, renowned creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our passionate and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist who will contribute to the artistic vision and development of a AAA product with a specialized focus on procedural asset creation for detailed 3D environment assets, utilizing a combination of traditional fine art and technical art skills.
- Work with the Environment Art team to identify opportunities for procedural asset creation.
- Develop and support workflows utilizing procedural 3d modeling and prefab assembly methods.
- Participate in everything from 3D concepts and prototypes to the creation of final polished game assets.
- Work closely with art directors and team leads to deliver and maintain the established art style and contribute to the development of new techniques and pipelines.
- Troubleshoot and provide solutions to issues related to procedural asset creation, performance, and technical requirements.
- Work well within a team environment and be able to initiate and lead other team members.
- Independently undertake research and gather information to ensure game design needs and artistic direction are met.
- Proactively stay up on new software, processes and industry trends and share this knowledge with the team.
- A strong portfolio with several examples of procedurally generated environment assets, illustrating proficiency as a Senior Technical Artist with a focus on procedural asset creation.
- Expert understanding of procedural algorithms and using Houdini in procedural asset workflows.
- Professional experience working on current generation games or films.
- Effective communicator with art staff, team leads, and other studio disciplines.
- Highly motivated and proactive, consistent productivity with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate and contribute effectively in a team environment.
- 5+ years of experience in a game or film production environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Payroll Services. Benefits. Compliance.