PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Sony Bend Studio, world-class creator of Days Gone, Uncharted: Golden Abyss, and Syphon Filter, is seeking outstanding talent to join our hardworking and creative family in crafting our next high-profile AAA console title.
Living in Bend, Oregon means saying goodbye to gridlock, concrete, and pollution. Use your Extra Life to shred at Mt. Bachelor, drag a line in the Deschutes River, hike in the wild, or perfect your game. Plug into adventure and community at Bend Studio!
Lead, Environment Art
We are seeking an experienced and passionate Environment Art Lead to contribute to the artistic vision and development of our next AAA product. This is a leadership and management role, focused on team cohesion and career development of environment artists, as well as identifying areas of improvement and serving as a liaison between environment artists and other teams. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to collaborate at a high level with a wide range of development team members outside of your direct discipline.
In this role, you will help build and lead a high performing team of environment artists, creating immersive and emotionally driven environments that meet the highest artistic quality and technical performance standards.
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Lead, mentor and teach other environment artists.
- Oversee and provide recommended solutions to issues related to asset creation, performance, and technical requirements, ensuring game design needs and artistic direction are met.
- Proactively stay up on new software, processes and industry trends and share the knowledge with the team.
- Work closely with tech artists and engineers to create efficient pipelines and workflows to boost the environment team’s productivity and efficiency.
- Conduct regular 1 on 1 meetings and provide feedback and performance reviews to environment artists.
- Maintain awareness of industry trends and techniques, evaluate competitive products, and determine areas we can improve or innovate.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate with the leadership team to develop plans for implementation of new tools or processes.
Requirements & Skills:
- A strong portfolio and work history illustrating experience and proficiency as a leader in the environment art space.
- Expert level understanding of environment art pipelines, and rendering and technical constraints related to environment art.
- Advanced experience with real-time 3D packages and/or proprietary AAA engines and tools.
- Strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated and proactive in pursuit of consistent productivity.
- A desire to innovate and to go above and beyond in pursuit of excellence.
- Prior experience hiring and building a team of quality artists is a plus.
- Experience developing proprietary engines, tools and workflows is a plus.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
See jobs at Bluecore