PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Join the award-winning team that created God of War
You’re into games – you love playing them and you love making them. And you’re half coder and half artist – you get both, you help each understand the other, and you can translate from art to tech and back again, so everyone gets the most out of the tools and knows what to ask for to get awesome art up onto the screen.
You’re talented and motivated, with tons of initiative. You get things done. Sound like a good fit? If so, give us a shout!
- Research, define, extend, and maintain production pipelines, processes, and workflows
- Interface with stakeholders. Liaise between team members; drive collaborative projects
- Identify problems; solve them: invent or build robust, quality technical implementations
- Define, refine, and improve artist workflows
- Mentor and guide art, FX and lighting team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Partner with leads and directors to meet visual and technical standards
- Help optimize by educating team members as well as driving profiling automation and workflows
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum five years of professional experience in computer-generated art
- Understanding of artist workflows, VFX authoring (particles, flip books, flow maps), Lighting theory (PBR/PBL, LUTs), HDR pipeline, color theory, profiling, and optimizing for real-time rendering
- Expert knowledge of Houdini
- Expertise in 3D math
- Proficient in algorithm design and knowledge of their inherent complexity
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Understanding of software architecture and design
- Intimate knowledge of Maya and computer graphics as demonstrated in a portfolio
- Experience in coding user-facing tools; knowledge of good UI design principles
- Working knowledge of C++ is preferred, along with Python / PySide and MEL
- Enthusiasm and initiative
- Excellent spoken and written communication
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
We value talent, self-motivation, and team spirit. In turn, we provide an environment with a large degree of freedom and autonomy.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Help the world share their story