PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Network Systems Engineer
San Diego, CA
SIE PlayStation Studios IT is seeking a robust and versatile Network Engineer to join the Sony family. You'll be joining a technical team passionate about engineering, building, and delivering network solutions that empowers PlayStation Studios.
As a Network Engineer in this role, you will be responsible for operating and contributing to the improvement of sophisticated corporate IP networks in a fast paced, ambitious environment. The role will entail operational and project-based work across the SIE IT department, as well as global business units in SIE and Sony operating companies.
- Engineer, support, and build a scalable, modular, and mobile network platform.
- Solve issues impacting WAN, LAN and internet connectivity.
- Remediate issues impacting on-site event network infrastructure including AWS and Azure.
- Ensure strict network security to protect confidential and proprietary information.
- Work with external vendors to evaluate and design network infrastructure at multiple studio campuses and locations as well as cloud environments.
- Assist with studio desktop, servers, and cloud disciplines within and beyond the greater SIE network.
- Build and maintain a lab platform to ensure continuous process improvement.
- Work with internal SIE IT teams to integrate new network architectures and connectivity.
- Collaborate with studio development teams to devise and maneuver studio services as it pertains to SIE’s network landscape.
- Minimum of 5 years in Network Engineering and Administration or equivalent experience.
- Expert knowledge of networking systems, protocols, software and technologies including but not limited to routers, switches, load balancers and WAN technologies.
- Understanding of WAN/LAN/DMZ, VPN's, TCP/IP, DNS, VLANs, etc.
- Familiarity with Palo Alto Networks Next-Generation Firewalls.
- Experience with Cisco Nexus 9000/7000/3000 series and Catalyst 2960/3750/9300 series switches.
- Understanding of routing protocols – BGP (iBGP/eBGP), EIGRP
- Experience with wireless networking technologies and deployments.
- Fluent in packet analysis (Clearsight, Wireshark)
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools and dashboards, such as SolarWinds, Datadog, OpenNMS, Cisco Prime.
- Exceptional inter-personal skills, oral and written communication skills.
- Analyze application data and traffic flow data to identify and improve sub-optimal network behaviors.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Steadfast self-motivation and initiative.
- Able (and willing) to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (up to 45 lbs.) and engage in labor related duties.
- Experience supporting common routing protocols (e.g., BGP, OSPF, EIGRP)
- Experience supporting zone-based firewalls and configuring security policies.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Software that predicts technology trends.