PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Do you love to build large scale enterprise applications that serve millions of happy customers? Are you interested in being part of a diverse team? Do you want to delight customers with your creation and innovation? The possibilities are limitless!
The Identity Platform Team builds scalable, highly performant authentication and authorization services for our customers to access PlayStation Network. We are the “front door” to the entire ecosystem of gaming, social and entertainment experiences that our customers love.
About the Job
- Develop distributed services, collaborate with product managers, architects, engineers, and operations team members to build identity platform solutions.
- End-to-end feature development all the way through the middleware and backend platform
- Work with our existing technologies both backend and infrastructure and support existing services
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Coordinate software system installations and monitor equipment function to ensure specifications are met.
- Participate in design and code reviews, identify and communicate best development practices.
- Experiment with technologies, solving the problems of scaling, latencies while keeping a check on cost and quality.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with Java
- Experience developing applications on Unix/Linux platforms
- Experience with servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat), JAXRS, Spring, and related technologies
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience using source control (esp. Git) and bug tracking systems
- Experience developing web services using JSON and XML.
- Passion for quality with the ability to inspire, excite and motivate other team members.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Works well with others at all levels, and effective at working with geographically remote and culturally diverse teams.
- You get things done with minimum supervision
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos