PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Staff Product Engineer
San Mateo, CA
This position is responsible for defining and driving the architecture of future PlayStation and PlayStation ecosystem product features and components! In this highly visible and multi-functional role, you will be a key bridge between multiple engineering organizations inside and outside of SIE.
The successful applicant is:
- A strong engineer with a computer architecture background, a deep understanding of both hardware and software, and the ability to weigh tradeoffs between different specialized system areas.
- A self-motivator with initiative and a track record of driving key product features or components from concept definition through customer ship and sustaining development.
- An excellent communicator, presenter, persuader, and negotiator.
- Comfortable working through ambiguity and making things happen.
- Quick to understand, promote, and own the productization of new technologies.
- Used to working with remote and international engineering teams.
- A strong troubleshooter and hands-on fixer.
- Not necessarily always right, but always committed to make things right.
- A gamer at heart despite being an engineer in mind.
- Own systems architecture of new product features and/or components.
- Perform system scoping, resourcing, performance, and customer experience analysis.
- Collaborate with multi-functional teams to understand their constraints and goals.
- Analyze, recommend, and explain sound strategic decisions when faced with uncertainty and/or disagreements.
- Build and evaluate feature/component concepts to explore architecture paths as needed.
- Present proposals, status, and decisions to executives.
- 10+ years of proven experience in gaming and/or consumer software and hardware products.
- Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent fields.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one