PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play —it’s also the Best Place to Work. We’ve thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Insomniac Games is searching for a Senior Art Manager, responsible for logistical problem solving, planning, and execution of the Art department within a given project. The Senior Art Manager will supervise a team of managers and provide strategy and leadership to this group. This role will also look after the well-being of the art team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Manages Art leads and evaluates schedules and deliverables for a specific project.
- Evaluates tools and workflow improvements for project.
- Evaluates leads’ objectives and goals, and ensures that department goals are being met.
- Work with Department Head and other Senior Managers to determine best practices and guide leads in their implementation across all art groups within a given project.
- Builds and maintains relationships with peers and other senior leaders to align project and departmental priorities.
- Evaluates schedules in conjunction with project management, ensures that teams deliver against project goals and pillars.
- Assists in pre-production planning through resource allocation and staffing.
- Responsible for developing project budget in coordination with Department Head and Executives.
- Plays game in development to ensure that operational goals are meeting or exceeding quality bar.
- Ensures that all complaints and concerns related to inappropriate or unprofessional conduct in the workplace, are addressed immediately to foster a safe work environment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This individual will supervise a team of managers across multiple studio locations and is responsible for carrying out duties in accordance with the studio's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include but are not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Education and/or Experience: Ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Technical Skills: Advanced Maya, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop, Perforce, and ZBrush (or equivalent) user, Microsoft Office 365. Ability to adapt to new tools quickly.
- Large team leadership, with experience navigating multiple simultaneous projects and reports.
- Creative collaboration and problem solving, with an understanding that many times it’s appropriate to defer to the expertise of specialists.
- Demonstrated high-level business, strategic and contemporary management skills and oriented both towards the big picture and operational detail.
- Effective time management, with the ability to delegate tasks and focus on larger issues while monitoring critical smaller details.
- A strong critical eye for detail and the ability to communicate effectively with the team to resolve issues.
- Communication with both large groups and individuals, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Deadline-oriented approach, with the ability to get results even in difficult situations.
- A leadership style that is marked by personal visibility, open communication, relationship building, collegiality, and teamwork.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills and the poise and the ability to relate effectively to others at all levels, state a point of view, and advocate for a position within a strong and assertive senior executive group.
- High level oral and written communication skills and a professional demeanor.
If this sounds like a good fit for your next career opportunity, please apply directly to the role by submitting your application below. We look forward to hearing from you!
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.
PRIVACY NOTICE TO SIE LLC’S JOB APPLICANTS
This Privacy Notice explains what personal information we at Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC collect from you, and why we collect it and use it. This Notice covers our practices regarding the personal information of all applicants to our job positions. Please review it carefully.
Categories of personal information we collect from you
We collect personal information about you throughout the recruiting process, in particular the following categories. Generally, we obtain this information through our Recruiting Team:
A. Identification and contact information
- Direct identifiers such as your first and last name.
- Indirect identifiers such as a government ID, your Social Security, work permit or passport #.
- Contact information such as your email address, mailing address, telephone number.
B. Other information about you or that can be associated with you such as:
- Sensitive/Protected Data. During the recruitment process, you may (voluntarily) provide us with your ethnicity, gender, military service information, or physical or mental health information, as well as your national origin and citizenship.
- Professional or job position-related information, including your past professional experience, references; background verification; talent management and assessment; information regarding any conflicts of interests; and the terms and conditions of your job offer.
- Non-public education information, including information about your education records, such as grades and transcripts.
Recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, PlayStation has delivered innovation to the market since the launch of the original PlayStation in Japan in 1994.
Want to learn more about PlayStation? Visit PlayStation's website.
DICE is on a mission to get people out more. We bring incredible live shows and